Simplify your Field Training Program with Agency360’s FTO Software
You find it rewarding to be a Field Training Officer (FTO), but It’s been a long day with the trainee that hasn’t gone well. You are so busy that your 12-hour shift has turned into 14 and finally the time to go home arrives. But then you remember…you still need to fill out your daily observation (field training paperwork) for the trainee.
FTO’s are a critical component for a successful trainee experience, and their documentation is imperative for liability protection. While most public safety agencies have high tech software for handling calls, many are still using pen and paper for their daily observations and other onboarding documentation. If the agency happens to use a Word document or PDF fillable form, these forms still need to be printed and signed to ensure the trainee receives feedback.
The cumbersome nature of manual paper forms creates a hassle to track information down and ensure that a trainee’s file is complete. Quality issues arise in the absence of a consistent, standardized training program. These challenges result in a limited ability to address training issues in a timely manner and be proactive in preventing problems. And without easy, real-time access to the data, supervisors can look like they’re out of touch when asked about the status of a trainee or the overall group, especially on short notice.
It doesn’t have to be that way any longer! Agency360 is on a mission to change this approach. Our web-based field training software is designed to manage the documentation of your on-boarding training program online. Using Internet connectivity, trainers, trainees, supervisors, and administrators can access and complete their information anytime, anywhere. With fields that you can modify, the software can be adapted to your way of training and help ensure your agency-specific policies and procedures are covered. This software can help your agency:
● Conserve office space and reduce paper usage by storing documents digitally in commonly used formats (PDF or MS Word)
● Secure data through electronic signatures, user logins, passwords, and assigned permissions that can be tracked and maintained through audit logs.
● Reduce errors with automatic error checking, including spelling and grammar, while also decreasing the time wasted with the back and forth review process.
● Improve consistency among trainers by allowing quick access to policy and rating guidelines.
● Increase agency effectiveness by allowing administrators to see data in new quantitative ways, helping support and defend hiring and retention decisions.
● Enhance agency flexibility by not being tied to a certain product with infrastructure and annual maintenance. Also, allow agencies to move data and information out of the system when needed.
● Enable customizations so that as the agency’s training and evaluation guidelines are changed and adapted, the system can adapt over time.
Want to get a better idea of how Agency 360’s Public Safety Software can make a difference for your police, EMS, corrections and communications operations? Click here to download a free whitepaper to learn how one department implemented Field Training software to simplify and store their field training documentation.Tags: Agency360, DOR, FTO, observations, reports, software Last modified: April 5, 2020